Glass is an amorphous inorganic non-metallic material, which is usually made of a variety of inorganic minerals (such as quartz sand, borax, boric acid, barite, barium carbonate, limestone, feldspar, soda ash, etc.) as the main raw materials, and a small amount of auxiliary raw materials. Its main components are silica and other oxides.  The chemical composition of ordinary glass is Na2SiO 3, CaSiO 3, SiO 2 or Na2O CaO 6SiO 2. The main component of ordinary glass is silicate complex salt, which is an amorphous solid with irregular structure. Widely used in buildings, used for wind insulation and light transmission, belongs to mixtures. Others are colored glasses mixed with oxides or salts of certain metals, tempered glasses made by physical or chemical methods, etc. Some transparent plastics, such as polymethyl methacrylate, are sometimes called plexiglass.
In order to meet the various needs of production and life, people carry out deep processing of ordinary flat glass, mainly classified as follows:
1. Toughened glass. It is a kind of pre-stressed glass made of ordinary flat glass after reprocessing. Compared with ordinary flat glass, toughened glass has two main characteristics:
(1) The strength of the former is several times that of the latter, the tensile strength is more than three times that of the latter, and the impact resistance is more than five times that of the latter.
(2) Toughened glass is not easy to break, even if it breaks, it will break in the form of particles without sharp angle, which greatly reduces the harm to human body.
2. Grinded glass. It is also made by grinding ordinary flat glass. Generally, the thickness is less than 9 centimeters, and the thickness of 5 centimeters and 6 centimeters is the most.
3. Sandblasted glass. The performance is basically similar to that of frosted glass, but different frosted glass is changed to sandblasting. Because of their visual similarity, many owners and even decoration professionals confuse them.
4. Embossed glass. It is a kind of flat glass made by calendering method. Its greatest feature is transparency, which is mostly used in toilets and other decoration areas.
5. Cladding glass. It is a kind of flat glass with impact resistance, which is made by calendering wire or metal mesh embedded in glass plate. When it is impacted, it will only form radial cracks instead of falling and hurting people. Therefore, it is mostly used in high-rise buildings and buildings with strong oscillation.
6. Hollow glass. Adhesive bonding method is often used to keep two pieces of glass at a certain interval. The interval is dry air, and the surrounding area is sealed with sealing materials. It is mainly used in decoration projects with sound insulation and heat insulation requirements.
7. Laminated glass. Sandwich glass is generally composed of two pieces of ordinary flat glass (or tempered glass or other special glass) and organic bonding layer between glass. When damaged, the debris still adheres to the adhesive layer, avoiding the damage of debris splashing to human body. It is mostly used for decoration projects with safety requirements.
8. Bulletproof glass. In fact, it is a kind of sandwich glass, but the glass is mostly made of toughened glass with higher strength, and the number of sandwiches is relatively large. It is mostly used in decoration projects with high safety requirements such as banks or luxury houses.
9. Hot bending glass. Surface glass is made by heating and softening high quality flat glass and forming in die and annealing. Beautiful style, smooth lines, in some high-level decoration in the frequency of increasing.
10. Glass brick. Glass brick manufacturing process is basically the same as flat glass, the difference is the forming method.
In the middle is dry air. It is mostly used in decorative projects or in transparent modelling with heat preservation requirements.
11. Glass paper. Also known as glass film, with a variety of colors and patterns. According to the different properties of paper film, it has different properties. Most of them have the functions of heat insulation, infrared protection, ultraviolet protection and explosion protection.
12. LED photoelectric glass. Photoelectric glass is a new type of environmental protection and energy saving product. It is a combination of LED and glass. It has both glass permeability and LED brightness. It is mainly used for indoor and outdoor decoration and advertising.
13. Dimmer glass: The glass is transparent in nature when the power is turned on. When the power is cut off, it is opaque in white sandy shape. In opaque state, it can be used as back projection.
14. Energy-saving glass: hollow glass, vacuum glass, low-radiation glass, Coating Low-E glass, nano-coated glass, insulating glass, etc.